Friday, April 5, 2013

Moutain Holler: Red Howl

Mountain Dew has an army of clones.  Save-A-Lot's is happened to be named Mountain Holler.  A few weeks ago, I picked up a twelve pack of Mountain Holler Red Howl, the clone of Mountain Dew Code Red.  My wife and I each tried one on our way to a regional church meeting 45 minutes away.  We weren't terribly impressed, but I think it was probably because it wasn't what we were expecting.  It didn't taste very much like Mountain Dew.  It was actually rather sour-cherry tasting.  It wasn't bad, but it seems to be an acquired taste. It also packs an insane 200 calories a can, 30 more than Mountain Dew.  I have heard rumors that Mountain Holler has a cult like following.  If you like your citrus drinks sour, I could see how this could be.  But for us, the rest of the 12 pack will probably be chilling in our fridge for a bit until unsuspecting guests come over.


Mountain Holler 2013

1 comment: