Saturday, April 5, 2014

Coca-Cola Slogans and Can Draft Number 8

Here is the weekly post of my first great can draft.

2012 London Olympic Coke Can 6 of 6
The previous Coca-Cola slogan was 1923's "Enjoy Thirst."  This only lasted a year and was replaced by this

1924: "Refresh Yourself"

Ah, once again, it reminds my of selling Coca-Colas a type of sport's drink. Which makes me reflect on when I happen to enjoy Coke, or any soft drink really, the most.  If I am sitting around doing nothing, yes, even lethargically watching a football game, Coca-Cola does't really hit the spot too much.  It's when I'm up and about and my blood sugar feels low that I crave a Coke. Most recently, one of my favorites is to crack a can open when cooking dinner for the family when I am cutting vegetables, manning the stove, and mixing ingredients together.  It helps me from snacking on the unprepared meal.  Point is, before sports drinks existed, Coca-Cola and other soft drinks really were the laboring man's refreshment.  The advertisement was surely no lie for the meat and potato American.    

No comments:

Post a Comment