Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Turtle Power Cans

Sometimes I am just late to the soda can party. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot has already come and gone. Honestly, I never saw it, although I was mildly interested. I also didn't know that Crush soda was doing a promotion for the film.


How did I miss this?
I'm actually a little disappointed I didn't notice. I would have tried to collect the set. Instead, I ended up finding the Donatello can in a cooler at the local comic shop the other day. I shelled out a dollar for it. So I do have one. What's even more discouraging is they created a whole new flavor for Leonardo. It was Berry Punch. All the turtle flavors appear below.

Leonardo: Berry Punch
Raphael: Strawberry
Donatello: Grape
Michelangelo: Orange
April O'Neil: Pineapple

What my can looks like.

It's actually a swell promotion for Crush. The sodas match up with each turtle's eye-band color. And of course April O'Neil wears that odd yellow suit (I bet she is secretly the daughter of Curious George's dad) so her color is pineapple yellow. Pretty neat, really. And yes, as I finish typing this, I am actually feeling pretty glum about missing the boat on this. Maybe I will be able to trade for the others someday. I need to be more aware of the soda world.

No comments:

Post a Comment