Saturday, February 15, 2014

Can Draft and Coca-Cola Slogan Number 1

One year after starting my soda can collection and corresponding blog, I have finally reached the big leagues!  Yessir, I received my very first shipment of soda cans from a fellow collector as part of a trade.  He had a lot of cans to select from, and I "drafted" 28 soda cans for my collection.  In return, I am sending him cans from my collection. In order to prolong the suspense of what cans are now in the basement, I will be posting one can a week, from my 28th selection all the way up to my number one can pick.  Boy aren't you lucky! So here it is, my very first can trade.




Also, just to jazz the posts up a bit, I will be including the advertising slogans used by Coca-Cola starting from the year 1886.  And here it is, the very first one...

1886: Drink Coca-Cola

Not too subtle, huh?  Don't worry, they get better as time goes on.  Check back in a week to see the latest can and the next crafty advertising slogan Coca-Cola executives created to peddle their iconic product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment