Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Grand Daddy Hires

I've confessed earlier that one marketing strategy of soda I enjoy is when they attempt to make it nostalgic.  You know, those soothing Coca-Cola commercials where they show Santa Claus or some dust bowl Oakie chugging a Coke, suggesting the drink has been around forever.  Well, that made me wonder which soft drink really has been around forever.

Arizona Cherry Lime Rickey 2013 

The answer is Hires Root Beer, which was first sold in 1876.  That's 10 years older than Coca-Cola (1886) and 17 years before Pepsi (1893).  So if you really want some nostalgia, reach for a Hires Root Beer.



1 comment:

  1. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't know if this day would ever come! I should have gotten two so that I could make a joke about my cans being on my friend's blog.

    ReplyDelete