Sunday, April 12, 2015

Dr. Pepper Brings the Collecting Bling

So I was prepared to let my last post stand as a notice that I would probably be on blogging hiatus for a while. And then my wife brought this home...



Yup. It's a 24 pack Dr. Pepper case showcasing the upcoming Avengers movie. I found this interesting because the packaging is blatantly encouraging soda can collecting. You clearly see there are seven cans and what each one looks like. It's like they are catering just to me and my fellow collectors!

Over a year ago, I corresponded with a collector and discussed this topic a little bit. There were often soda can sets, but it seemed the companies did little to advertise the virtues of actually collecting the cans. It seems we might have turned a corner. Each can even has the collection number on it.

Will CansintheBasement be able to get all seven of them in the Basement? We'll see!


No comments:

Post a Comment