Monday, February 25, 2013

Diet Crush Orange

My friend brought in a can for me at work today.  It was one I didn't have and I was glad to get it!  It's a Diet Crush Can from 2013.  Crush is manufactured by the Dr. Pepper/Snapple company.  Orange Crush has been around for almost over 100 years, the first batch being made by Clayton J. Howell in 1916. Diet Crush obviously came along later, a date I have note yet been able to determine.

Diet Orange Crush 2013
Crush is available in a wide variety of flavors, however some of the more exotic such as peach and pineapple, are only available in certain markets.  The latest crush flavor to come out is Crush Cherry in 2010, a flavor I think I would enjoy because I have a sweet tooth calibrated specifically for cherry type sodas.  More information about crush can be found on their website http://www.crushsoda.com/.

As a side note, the name Crush apparently was give by Mr. Howell to describe the process of extracting the oils from the oranges.  It's a good name.  Real powerful sounding.  Like what you would want to do with the can when you were done if you weren't collecting them like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment