Monday, February 11, 2013

The Basement

Since one of my goals of my collection is to cheer up my basement, I figured I should post some pictures of the current state of dreariness that lives there.  I decided to start taking over an abandoned laundry room in the basement currently used to store water barrels and a chest freezer we no longer use.  Hopefully, this will be the inspiring "before" photo to place in a blog entry a year or so from now to illustrate how far my collection has come.

0211132054.jpg

View of the water barrels and empty wall I envision covered with cans.

0211132055.jpg

"Cans in the Basement" Collection in Infancy.  It displays the only shelf presently available in the room to hold cans.  Fortunately, the collection is small enough for such limited residency.

0211132056.jpg

Picture of the old chest freezer and water barrels.  The freezer needs to go and the walls need to be painted as well.


And that, folks, is the tour.  It will take a lot of cans to cheer this place up.  But it will happen.  Check back to see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment