Wednesday, March 13, 2013

7-Up Gold Commercial

I never posted a commercial for the elusive 7-Up Gold soda that briefly appeared in 1988.  I wrote before the soda had a ginger-ale taste, but I have since read it also had an apple-cinnamon zing too.  I wish I could have tried it.  Sadly, I doubt I ever will.  I can least imagine how awesome I would have been at a classy restaurant with 7-Up Gold served to me as a teenager.  So wild.  Nothing like bothering the well-to-dos at the table next to you by trying that new-fangled soda with your wild friends.  Maybe that was the problem.  Why market 7-Up as having a wild side? If they would have left out the caffeine and marketed it as a homey grandma's house beverage with a heart warming hearth or something mom's might have bought it. Maybe it could have even been a seasonal thing.  Dr. Pepper/Snapple should try to bring back 7-Up Gold as a holiday beverage.  If it sticks, then they can expand.  That's what I think.  I should contact Dr. Pepper/Snapple.  In fact, I just did.  So can you.


You too can be wild if you drink 7-Up Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment