Friday, March 15, 2013

X-Factor Dragon-Fruit Pepsi

I gained a limited edition can for my collection.  The X-Factor Dragon-fruit Pepsi.  It's a horrific product, really.  It tastes like Pepsi with fruity cough syrup someone impishly spiked it with while you weren't looking. Not fun.  My wife agrees it tastes horrible and was surprised when I trucked home from the store with a 12 pack of it.  "Dude," she said, "We tried that and it tasted horrible."  And it did.  But that was before I started collecting soda cans.  I mean, the X-Factor Pespi clearly says "Limited Edition" so, duh, obviously I need it for my collection.

Oh Simon, you liar...
Now, what provides the can with an additional hoot is that I recall sitting on the couch with my bride watching the X-Factor where they premiered the flavor, you know, sowed the advertising seeds to make folks buy, buy, buy.  And I remember Simon Cowell and Britney Spears cracking open the soda cans and taking sips.  Then Simon says, "It's good.  It's really good."  Oh Simon, Simon, Simon, you make a living being the guy who tells THE TRUTH on your music shows and you expect to fool us with your simple compliment?  Simon says buy and we do.  Just a big game to him.  Of course, Simon is a money man, and knows how to sponsor a product.  The man darn well knew that soda was like carbonating a cough drop.  But you have to admire him for it.  He got millions to take that sip and drop a positive adjective.  But me, I get zilch from Pepsi so I tell it like it is.  The soda tastes like a cola stain on a pharmacy shelf.  But, the can is all right.  So I'll keep it.

Dragon-fruit X-Factor Pepsi 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment